Lime Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
Lime essential oil is a natural citrus essence cold pressed from the fresh fruit peel of lime. Containing high level of vitamin C, lime essential oil has an uplifting aroma that may helps with depression, anxiety, lethargy and other similar characteristics. Being a a close sibling of lemon essential oil, lime essential oil has a warm and slightly sweet aroma as compared to the relatively lemon citrus sour. Topically, Lime provides antioxidants to the skin, which may reduce dark spots due to aging.
What is Lime Essential Oil
A lime (also known as ilīma, līmū or lemon) is a citrus fruit, which is typically round, green in color, 3–6 centimetres (1.2–2.4 in) in diameter, and contains acidic juice vesicles. Lime was originally found in Asia. today is it cultivated in warm countries such as Italy, the West Indies, the Americas, South Africa and Sri Lanka. The tree grows up to fifteen feet in height with smooth green leaves, sharp pines and small white flowers. After being introduced to Europe, it migrated to the the Americas.
Image credit: wikipedia
The fruit has a high vitamin C content and was used by ship crews to prevent scurvy. It has been used to flavor drinks and for perfume. The fresh fruit rind is the part of the tree from which oil is extracted. The lime oil released is pale yellow to light olive in color and it is high in monoterpenes. The aroma is soothing, uplifting, refreshing and sharp, citrusy and fruity.
Lime Essential Oil Benefits
Lime is a tonic for digestive challenges and can help with arthritis, rheumatism, poor circulation, obesity and cellulite. IT will have an astringent effect on oily skin and also is helpful for insect bites and cuts. Adding lime to a blend for fevers, colds, flu, bronchitis and sore throats may boost the immune system.
Lime Essential Oil Uses
When you are feeling depressed, apathetic, anxious, or mentally fatigued, lime will instantly be uplifting and delightful. Maximize your lime essential oil benefits by using it in the following ways;
- Diffuse lime oil or put a drop or two on a cotton ball and inhale.
- For painful muscles, cellulite or respiratory challenges, add lime oil to a massage oil or to a bath.
- For skin, add lime oil to your cream or lotion and apply on oily skin.
- Add lime oil to your carrier oil or massage oil and massage directly on the area of cellulite you want to address.
- For stress relief and aromatherapy bath – dilute 5 to 6 drops of lime essential oil with carrier oil (e.g. jojoba oil or sweet almond oil)
- For relief of cramps, pain, rheumatism and arthritis – diluted 6 drops of Lime essential oil with sweet almond or extra virgin coconut oil and massage onto the affected area.
Blends Well With
Where to Buy Lime Essential Oil Locally
100% pure and natural lime essential oils are refreshing and helps uplift your mind and body. From wound support, respiratory relief, healthier skin, digestive health to stress relief, lime oil has it all.
Want to enjoy lime essential oil benefits now? Looking for pure and natural lime essential oil to buy locally in Singapore? Singapore Soap is a local supplier of pure essential oils in Singapore. Check out our pure and natural lime essential oil (1oo% pure) below or purchase from our range of essential oils online.