Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap (Melt and Pour Recipe)
Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap are great for Eczema, Psoriasis and problematic skin condition. However, the problem with Singapore is that we can’t have lye (sodium hydroxide) to make them at home. Lye is the essential ingredient that a soap maker must have in order to make soap. Without lye, you can’t saponify the oil and can’t make soap. Or can we?
Actually, you can still make soap at home… by… using Melt and Pour Soap Bases!
Melt and pour soap bases are special! They are ready made soap that can be melted thru heat and after cooling down, it hardened to form soap bars. You wouldn’t be able to do this with cold-processed or hot processed soap though, so don’t go try and put your CP soap in the microwave 😛 The ingredients of glycerin soap bases are the same as any cold or hot processed soap, with added moisturizers and humectants (namely Glycerin and Propylene Glycol) to render it remeltable.
Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap Benefits
Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap are legendary and one of the top selling soap around the world.
The four main ingredients are as follows;
- Oatmeal – Great for gentle exfoliating and has skin purifying properties. It is also known to be moisturizing and aids to soothe rashes and skin irritation.
- Honey – Also a humectant, is extremely moisturizing and helps keep moisture locked in the skin to give the skin it’s natural glow and healthy look.
- Goat’s Milk – Goat milk is wonderful for people with dry or sensitive skin, or skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It is also perfect for healthy skin that wants to stay that way.
- Soap – This is part where, if you had lye, we will be talking about what kind of oils to use and using the lye calculator to determine the amount of lye to use. But today, we are going to make it simple by using melt and pour soap base.
Oatmeal Honey Goat’s Milk Soap Recipe (Melt and Pour Soap)
By using a Goat’s Milk Soap Base, we have already combined ingredient 3 and 4 for you. So you simply just need to melt down the Goat’s Milk Soap Base and add Oatmeal and Honey. Once the soap hardens, you are done! You will have made Oatmeal Honey Goat’s Milk Soap at home in Singapore without lye! Yeah!
- Goat's Milk Soap Base - 1000 grams
- Colloidal Oatmeal - 1/2 cup of finely ground rolled oats (Do not use instant kind)
- Honey - 2 teaspoon of honey
- Silicon Loaf Soap Mold Capacity (1000 Grams) - 1 piece
- Straight Soap Cutter - 1 piece
- Cut 1 kg block of goat milk soap base into smaller pieces (For easier melting)
- Place small pieces of soap bases into a stainless steel bowl or pot
- Place stainless steel bowl or pot into a saucepan halfway full with water
- Heat water over medium heat until soap base melts
- Add colloidal oatmeal and honey
- Use stick blender to mix ingredients together well
- Once done, remove stainless steel bowl or pot from saucepan
- Pour melted soap base into mold
- Allow to cool over night to harden
- Once harden, oatmeal honey goat milk soap is done.
- Unmold soap and cut into soap bars.
- Soap can be used immediately
Can I use any other type of soap bases in place of goat’s milk soap base?
Why oatmeal are used?
Can I use Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap for Dry Skin condition?
Disclaimer:The information found/put up in this Website is intended for educational information only. You should not rely on the information to make any medical or other decisions for treatment or otherwise. Any medical or other decisions should be made in consultation with your doctors. The publisher will not be liable for any complication, injuries or other medical accidents arising from or in connection with the use of or reliance upon any information in the Website.
Rate this post
Tags: Glycerin Soap Goat Milk Honey Melt and Pour Soap Natural Soap for Eczema Oatmeal Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap MP Recipe Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap Singapore Paraben Free Soap Psoriasis Soap Soap for Babies Soap for Eczema Soap for Itchy Skin Soap for Psoriasis