Peppermint Oil Benefits & Where to Buy
Pleasantly suitable for an abundance of oral and topical uses and antimicrobial properties, peppermint and pure peppermint oil may be the most versatile essential oil in the world along with lavender. Not only is peppermint one of the oldest European herbs used for medicinal purposes, other historical accounts date its use to ancient Chinese and Japanese folk medicine. It’s also mentioned in Greek mythology the nymph Mentha was transformed into an herb by Pluto who had fallen in love with her and wanted people to appreciate her for years to come.
Looking for 100% pure and natural peppermint essential oil? Check out our peppermint oil below and purchase our range of essential oils online.
What is Peppermint Oil
The health benefits of peppermint oil as well as peppermint oil uses have been documented back to 1,000 BC and have been found in several Egyptian pyramids. So what is peppermint oil?
Peppermint oil is extracted from the peppermint plant native to the Mediterranean and now cultivated in Italy, the United States, Japan and Great Britain. It is a perennial herb and can grow up to three feet high. The underground runners of the plant cause it to spread out.
Just before the flower appears, the whole plant is steam distilled to release a pale yellow oil of watery viscosity that is a top note and high in ketones, monoterpenols and oxides. The aroma is fresh, herbaceous, minty, menthol and sharp.
Peppermint Oil Benefits
Peppermint oil and leaves have a cooling effect when used topically for muscle pain, nerve pain, relief from itching, or as a fragrance.
Benefits of Peppermint Oil
- Known to relieve fatigue and improves concentration
- May help relieves headaches & clears respiratory tract
- May help for mental fatigue and depression
- Refreshing the spirit and stimulating mental agility
Peppermint Usage Tips
- Massage several drops on the abdomen, place a drop on wrists, or inhale to soothe the minor stomach discomfort associated with travel.
- Rub one drop on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head pressure.
- Rub another drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
- Apply to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil, apply topically to your temples or neck to jump start your morning routine.
- Diffuse or inhale peppermint essential oil mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil or rub a drop on to your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort.
Blends Well With
Where to Buy Peppermint Oil Locally
Peppermint (Mentha Arvensis) has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma and is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs.
It is commonly used as flavoring in foods and beverages and as a fragrance in soaps and cosmetics. Peppermint oil also is used for a variety of health conditions and used topically as a skin cream or ointment. It functions as a ‘top’ note in blends and has a fresh, sharp, menthol aroma.
Looking for 100% pure and natural peppermint essential oil to buy locally in Singapore? Singapore Soap is a local supplier of pure essential oils in Singapore. Check out our pure peppermint oil (1oo% pure) below and purchase our range of essential oils online..