Citronella Essential Oil (100% Pure, Therapeutic Grade)
- Pure Citronella Essential Oil
- Therapeutic Grade Citronella Oil
- No fillers, additives, bases or carriers added
Citronella oil is one of the essential oils obtained from the leaves and stems of different species of Cymbopogon (lemongrass). The oil is used extensively in soap, candles and incense, perfumery, cosmetic, and flavouring industries throughout the world. Citronella oil is also a plant-based insect repellent and has been registered for this use in the United States since 1948. Research also shows that citronella oil has strong antifungal properties. Lemon citrus with an earthy aroma.
Therapeutic Benefits of Citronella Oil
- For aromatherapy use
- Functions as a ‘top’ note in blends
- Commonly used as a natural remedy in acne
- Commonly used as a homemade insect repellent
Point of Interests
As a concentrated form of antioxidants and phytochemicals taken from the plant’s stems and leaves, citronella oil has been used for centuries to help decrease rashes, inflammation, infections, pain and other health conditions. It seems that researches have shown that citronella is also effective in calming barking dogs, and has even been used as a successful spray-on deterrent against pets destroying household items. Pure citronella essential oil should never be used directly on your skin, as this may cause sensitivities. It should be mixed with a carrier oil, like sweet almond or coconut oil.
Citronella Oil Usage Tips
- For headaches and migraines, use 2-3 drops in a cold or hot compress.
- As an insect repellent, use a few drops in a burner, vaporizer, or diffuser.
- As a moth repellent, place a few drops on a cotton ball, and place in closet or linen closet. Refresh periodically.
- For oily skin, mix 2-3 drops with a carrier oil, and dab on face with a cotton ball.
- To keep neighborhood cats from digging up your garden, mix 10-12 drops of oil in a plastic spray bottle full of water, and spray around your garden. Do not spray directly on plants.
- As a deodorant, mix 2-3 drops with a carrier oil and apply to arm pits.
- For those who are bedridden, Citronella is a great freshener for the “sickroom.” Place a couple of drops in a diffuser or lamp ring. Will also help to clear the mind at the same time.
Distillation Method: Steam Distilled
Botanical name: Cymbopogon nardus
Ingredient: 100% Citronella Essential Oil
Country of Origin: Product of United States
Packaging: Amber Essential Oil Glass Bottle
Storage: Room temperature. Air tight container.
Disclaimer: Pure and natural essential oil are highly concentrated and should be used with care. It should NOT be used directly in pregnant women or women who are currently breastfeeding. It’s best to dilute pure essential oil with a carrier oil like jojoba oil, argan oil, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil and coconut oil when you are applying it directly to the skin.