Sweet Orange Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
Sweet orange essential oil are derived from the fruit of sweet orange tree, with botanical name: citrus sinensis. They are cold pressed either from the whole oranges or the orange peels and has a refreshing sweet, citrus smell. This concentrated form of orange oil are packed with immune-supportive and detoxifying properties. Not only can it support your overall health, it may also relieve anxiety, aid digestion, and decongest your skin.
What is Orange Essential Oil
Packed with vitamin C, oranges have health benefits of which most of us are likely well aware. Orange essential oil is derived by cold-pressing the oranges to produces an oil (the essences) that’s a considered a top note, deep yellow to orange in color and high in monoterpenes. It has a fresh, sweet, fruity, citrusy and tangy aroma.
This evergreen tree is native to China and migrated to South Africa and America around the late fifteenth century. In Chinese medicine, the peel was used for a variety of illness and continues to be so used today. Orange oil has been used in an assortment of curacao-type liqueurs and employed for flavoring food, especially confectionery goods. It has also been added to furniture polish to protect against insect damage. Most commercial production of orange oil are now made in Brazil, Cypress and the United States.
Orange Oil Benefits
Orange essential oil may help you
- Feel calm: Orange oil’s uplifting aroma may be able to calm frayed nerves and reduce tension. It could even lead to better sleep.
- Protect your skin: Like other citrus oils, orange oil may help detox and decongest skin while its antiseptic effects protect further damage.
- Ease digestive troubles: Calming orange oil aids digestion and helps to relieve constipation, gas and indigestion.
- Stay healthy: Adding orange oil to your routine provides potent immune-system support.
Orange Oil Uses
Orange essential oils are known to help balance dry and oily skin , reduce puffins and reduce wrinkled skin by stimulating the blood circulation on skin surface. It also helps to awakens creativity, inspires harmony and promotes self awareness. If you want to maximize the benefits of your orange oil, consider using them in the following ways.
- Massage oils: massage on orange oil added to an unscented body lotion for complete detoxifying benefits or to aid digestion.
- Diffuser or inhalers: Breathe in the revitalizing properties of orange oil at time you need to lift your spirits and clear your mind, at home or on the go.
- Soaps and lotions: Add a few drops of orange oil to your skin care routine when skin is sluggish or congested.
- Baths: Help sooth your skin and reduce your stress levels with a relaxing orange-oil bath.
Blends Well With
Where to Buy Sweet Orange Essential Oil Locally
Known as a tonic (to the nervous system), sweet orange essential oils are refreshing, warming, uplifting and soothing. Extracted by cold expression, orange oil are great for dull and oily complexions and the aroma are comforting. If you need some “sunshine” in your home, or a “cloudy” day, then diffuse this beautiful oil and bring some warmth into your life! It may also help with our digestive challenges such as constipation, gas, intestinal spasm, IBS and nausea. Orange oil is emotionally uplifting and combats pessimism.
Want to enjoy sweet orange essential oil benefits? Looking for pure and natural orange essential oil to buy locally in Singapore? Singapore Soap is a local supplier of pure essential oils in Singapore. Check out our pure sweet orange essential oil (1oo% pure) below or browse our range of essential oils online.