Where to Buy Fractionated Coconut Oil
Where to buy fractionated coconut oil? Singapore Soap is a local wholesale supplier of bulk carrier oils including fractionated coconut oil in Singapore. Our fractionated coconut oil (also called liquid coconut oil) are available for purchase online or contact us for bulk ordering pricing. Check out our top quality fractionated coconut oil below!
What is Fractionated Coconut Oil
Fractionated coconut oil, a tasteless and odorless liquid coconut oil, are widely used as a moisturizer, hair oil, and massage oil. It penetrates your skin quickly and is less likely to clog your pores than regular coconut oil. Also commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its MCT content, it has a longer shelf life than regular coconut oil.
How Is Fractionated Oil Made?
Making fractionated coconut oil is a lengthy process. By heating coconut oil above its melting point, the long-chain fatty acids and lauric acid can be removed from the rest of the mixture. Because these two elements have a higher melting point than the medium-chain fatty acids, they turn from liquid to solid at a quicker rate. The solid fraction of the oil can be removed, and the liquid oil remains.
In the process of fractionation, most or all of the main fatty acid in coconut oil i.e the 12-carbon lauric acid (C12) and the long-chain fatty acids present in coconut oil were all or mostly eliminated. Leaving behind mostly medium-chain triglycerides (MCT).
The result is a tasteless and odorless liquid coconut oil, best used as a moisturizer, hair oil, and massage oil. Fractionated coconut oil sinks into your skin quickly and is less likely to clog your pores than normal coconut oil. It can also be used as a dietary supplement and has a longer shelf life than most other forms of coconut oil.
Fractionated Coconut Oil vs Coconut Oil
Fractionated coconut oil is tasteless and odourless. It is also more expensive than regular coconut oil. Apart from skincare and haircare, fractionated coconut oil can also be used as a dietary supplement.
Fractionated coconut oil is more liquid than solid when compared to normal coconut oil. Regular coconut oil only becomes liquid under high temperatures (around 26°C) and has a greasy feel.
Regular coconut undergoes a process called fractionation to produce fractionated coconut oil. This method uses the different melting points of fats to separate them.
Fractionated coconut oil is coconut oil that has been distilled, allowing long-chain fatty acids to separate and solidify for removal. What remains is an ultralight, odorless coconut oil that stays liquid in form at cooler temps.
Fractionated coconut oil is more easily absorbed by the skin, and less likely to clog pores than virgin coconut oil. It also maintains a longer shelf life, nourishing medium-chain fatty acids and essential nutrients in this form.
- Regular coconut oil is solid at lower room temperatures, making it too heavy to use as a facial oil.
- Regular coconut oil is less processed so it maintains lauric acid and other long-chain fatty acids.
- Fractionated coconut oil stays liquid in form, even in lower temperatures.
- Fractionated coconut oil is less likely to clog pores or cause breakouts.
- Fractionated coconut oil is more easily absorbed by the skin.
- Both are deeply moisturizing and nourishing to the skin.
- Both are naturally processed (extracted without the use of chemicals) so they still contain plenty of nutrients and antioxidants.
Fractionated Coconut Oil Uses and Benefits
Fractionated coconut oil leaves your skin feeling smooth and non greasy. It can readily absorbs into the skin and is soluble with all essential oils.
As fractionated coconut oil is also colorless and odorless, it is perfect for blending with essential oils as it preserves and maintains their original fragrance and benefits.
Fractionated coconut oil as a carrier oil is ideal for dry or troubled skin and provides a soothing topical barrier without clogging pores and may help reduce skin sensitivity.
Potential Health Benefits
The MCTs in fractionated coconut oil have been associated with several other health benefits, including:
- Reduced insulin resistance: One small study found that taking MCTs may reduce insulin resistance and improve other risk factors in people with diabetes and excess weight. More studies are needed to confirm this effect (Source).
- Epilepsy treatment: Children with epilepsy may benefit from a ketogenic diet enriched with MCTs. Adding the MCTs may allow them to eat more carbs and protein, making the diet easier to stick to (Source, Source).
- Improved brain function: One study reported that in some people with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease, MCTs may improve brain function. However, further studies are needed (Source ).
Fractionated coconut oil may help you lose weight
A diet high in MCTs, the main component of fractionated coconut oil, may aid weight loss.
Most studies on this effect replaced other fats in the diet with MCTs.
MCTs may help you lose weight because they:
Where to Buy Fractionated Coconut Oil
Fractionated coconut oil, also known as liquid coconut oil and MCT oil, are widely used for various household and personal care purposes, such as a moisturizer, hair conditioner, and massage oil. It is a feather-light emollient that softens and hydrates dry skin while increasing essential oil distribution.
Singapore Soap is a local wholesale supplier of bulk carrier oils including fractionated coconut oil in Singapore. Our fractionated coconut oil (also called liquid coconut oil) are available for purchase online or contact us for bulk ordering pricing. Check out our top quality fractionated coconut oil below!